US Dollar Premium Bond is a product designed by Bangladesh Central bank for Bangladeshi national living abroad. The objective of this product is to encourage the NRBs to invest their hard earned money to purchase WEDB on which the government guarantees a fixed interest rate.
- Interest is payable in Bangladesh currency or in US Dollar.
- Principal amount payable in Bangladesh currency or in US Dollar.
- Investors of one Million US Dollar and above shall be treated as CIP
- Wage earners serving abroad
- In the name of any other person named in Wage earners application
- Government employees working abroad
- The Bond may be issued in the name of a holder of a nonresident account against remittances from abroad to the account
- The purchaser must have a FC account with the Bank
- The purchaser must have the photocopy of the relevant pages of the passport where the purchaser's name, date of birth, date and place of issue; expiry date, photograph and signature appear
- Address Proof of the Bond Holder in abroad.
- 2 Copy of passport size photographs of the Applicant& 1copy for the Nominee with the signature of the Applicant on the back.
- Valid work permit /proof of employment of the Applicant abroad