Wage Earner Development Bond (WEDB) is a product designed by Bangladesh Central bank for Bangladeshi national living abroad. The objective of this product is to encourage the NRBs to invest their hard earned money to purchase WEDB on which the government guarantees a fixed interest rate.
- Tax exemption on the principal and interest amount.
- Loan Facility on the bonds in Bangladesh
- Maximum limit up to TK 1 crore on bond purchase.
- Death risk benefit up to 30% to 50% of investment.
- Interest payable every six months in BD
- Can be used as security for any loan
- Purchaser of Wage Earner's Development Bond can repatriate the principal amount of the bond in foreign currency.